Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Baby Chloe needs to Chunk UP!


Yesterday we had a weight check for Chloe and she is now down to 6lbs 14oz. Mom and I were at Sacred Heart for over 2 hours - I wasn't breast feeding her quite right so now my milk supply is low. I didn't realize breast feeding could be so complex! We have to go back in today and she has to have gained an ounce over night or else I might have to supplement some formula which I really don't want to do! I've been nursing, taking supplements to help my milk and pumping and feeding her all night to get her to gain! Then we will have another follow up appointment on Friday. The nurse called her a baby that loves to starve - we had no idea since she has been such a great baby, never crys and I can hardly wake her to feed her! She should be more alert once she gets back to her birth weight at 8lbs, which will make her daddy happy since he loves when she is awake for him. Wish us luck today on that ounce gain!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!