Sunday, March 25, 2012

Simple Things Sunday - Sliding Barn Doors



We have been talking about cutting a hole in the wall between the living room and the office for a few years now.  I was dragging my feet about it because I wasn't sure how it would look and I wanted to be able to close it off if the office got messy.  THEN I saw these sliding barn doors on Pinterest here and fell in love with the idea!  So we cut the hole, closed off the original door and hung these barn doors.  Now all we need to do is put the trim back up and get a light for above the doors!  We love how it turned out even though it was quite the process...
 We bought the doors unfinished so we sanded them and then stained them.  The first stain we picked we didn't like how it turned out so we sanded them back down.  Then we stained them again with a different color.  I wanted the doors to appear somewhat rustic so we sanded them again lightly to give them that look.  We thought a clear coat would make them look nice but it made the doors too shiny so we had to sand once more to get the shine off.  Pretty much we are done sanding doors for awhile;)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. love love the doors!! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word, those are spectacular. i've been wanting a barn door in my master. maybe someday. yours look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWW!!! All that blood sweat and tears definitely was worth it because that looks INCREDIBLE! I want to live in your house! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!