Saturday, July 7, 2012

Where can we get a baby?

Chloe and I were lying in bed together about a month ago just talking.  I wish I had a recording of how our conversation went but since I don't I wrote it down so I could remember the moment!  It started out as me telling Chloe that the triplets were coming to visit us.  She was excited and proceeded to ask "are you going to give them all my baby things out of that other room?"  I have given Natalie things before for the babies that Chloe used as a baby so she just thought I was giving her more things I guess.  I answered "No." This is how she proceeded to respond...

C:  "Are we going to just keep those baby things?"
Me: "Yes we are."
C: "For my babies?"
Me: "Kinda of."
C: "Well I want a real baby, but how are we going to get one?" "How did Selah's mommy get her sister Tatum?"
Me: "Remember when you used to be in mommy's tummy?"
C: "Yes." "Mommy when they tore open your stomach to get me out did you breathe?"
Me: "Yes I did."
C: "Well where can we get a baby?"
Me: "I thought you didn't want a brother or sister?"
C: "I don't, I just want a baby."
Me: "Well if you have a baby, won't that be like a brother or sister?"
C: "Well I just want a baby that's a girl."  "Will they grow up like me?"
Me: "Yes."
C: "Oh!" "Well where can we get a baby?"

At this point I diverted the conversation as bad as I wanted to tell her that in fact mommy HAS a baby in her tummy right now!  I didn't feel it was quite the right time especially since daddy was not there.  I remember this winter my little Chloe was spreading a rumor at preschool that mommy had a baby in her tummy.  I know she is going to be such a good big sister!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to all of you! This is so exciting that Chloe is going to be a big sister. She will be terrific!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!