Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Thanksgiving was wonderful this year and we have SO much to be thankful for!  On Thanksgiving Clay went hunting and Grandma, the girls and I just hung out most of the day.  We cooked the traditional thanksgiving dinner for the 5 of us but ended up having Nana, Poppy and Auntie Jessi join us as well.  It was great!.  The day after Thanksgiving is when we always celebrate and go to Uncle Luke's and Auntie D's for dinner with everyone.  It was delicious and such a wonderful time to celebrate together.  As we went around the table saying what we are thankful for I stopped short of "my family" because I could feel the tears coming!!  So since I couldn't get it out then I want to say now that I am SO thankful for a loving, supportive husband who is always there when I need him, my beautiful girls who make me smile every single day, my mom who continues to fight and amazes and encourages me daily!  She is the very best mom and grandma I could ever even ask for and the strongest person I know.  My in-laws who continually help us with the girls and are always there for us and them.  They are the best Nana and Poppy!  I am thankful for Auntie Jessi who loves her nieces so much and even while away at college stays in touch often.  And to Uncle Luke, Auntie D., Art and Carolyn I am just thankful to have each one of you in our lives!  Happy Thanksgiving!!
 
 
 


The table set and ready!
 
Chloe made the name places this year - they turned out SO cute!


Auntie Jessi and her girls
 
Grandma and her girls
 


Layla mouth WIDE open for more mashed potatoes

 

The whole crew - back of Clay's head and minus me taking the pic



Chloe helping Carolyn cut pies

mmm Layla likes pumpkin pie!


Nakey baby running around!

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my most favoirte posts ever! Beautiful words, beautiful picture, and beautiful buns to end it!!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the last picture made me laugh. Such beautiful pictures of you and your girls! It looks like you had a wonderful thanksgiving!

    P.S. I don't know how I missed these posts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody actually took pictures BEFORE the food was attacked! Way too organized and calm there. Who gets credit for that!?! Hard to beat a family that includes all beautiful ladies and handsome gents...you know you are... The kids are adorable but where are the little dogs!?!
    We are lucky to live in the USA and have our families around us. It never gets old to be thankful for our many, many blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!