Monday, January 13, 2014

Moving on out...

The reason why Christmas was a tad different and felt not quite right this year was because our girls went home with Nana and Poppy that night for a sleepover.  Reason being that Clay and I had to be up and on our way to Spokane at 5am the next morning.  Earlier in December I started having this lower left side back pain.  One Friday it started really hurting but I just took some pain pills and went about my day at work.  That night it escalated and I was up ALL night in excruciating pain.  I could not lay or sit still.  It was the worst pain I've ever had in my entire life.  I was literally down on all fours at one point - it was like I was in labor.  Only not to a baby to a kidney stone!  I was really trying to wait until the Urgent Care opened in Spokane at 8am but at about 4am I started vomiting the pain was so intense.  At that point Clay could tell there was something seriously not right.  He called his dad who came in to be with the girls who were still sleeping while we headed to the ER.  We went to the ER in our community which I was so glad for because the bumps on the car ride there were not helping matters.  When we arrived they got me all checked in and finally gave me something for the pain.  NOTHING...didn't even touch it:(  So on to the next pain medication and ahhhhhh finally relief.  It made me soooo sleepy though too.  I had an x-ray and it was determined I had an 8mm kidney stone.  I went home with a couple prescriptions to try and pass it on my own.  After doing some research on the internet I discovered that it wasn't very likely I would be able to pass this big of a stone on my own.  I had a follow up appointment on Monday and was sent for a referral to a urologist.  The Urologist confirmed that yes we needed to do something to remove it.  He then scheduled me for Shockwave Lithotripsy the day after Christmas.  Everything went great!  They did put me under but there was no incisions so I recovered pretty much that day.  I went back to work the next day and felt fine.  They blasted said stone and it is now gone - yay!  I hope I never get one again!! BUT they say since I've had one my chances of another one are quite high - boo:(  The day after Christmas while I was recovering aka sleeping on the couch our great friends the Carstensen's were in town visiting.  They invited Chloe to go swimming and come play with her buddy Trey.  She had such a blast!!  Below are some pictures of the two buddies.  Thank you so much for the fun play date Trey!!  My girls were so tired by that night that Layla was asleep at 6 and Chloe crashed on the couch at 6:30!  It was nice since I was so tired from the surgery I think I went to bed at 7pm!
 



 
I also missed Chloe's first school concert in December when I was having the kidney stone pain:(  I heard she did an awesome job and am so proud!  Daddy, Nana and Poppy went to see her sing her heart out.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh that is awful! I have heard it is excruciating. So sorry you had to go through that!! I hope you don't get another one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reliving our fun playdate with our Chloe-girl! We are so lucky to have such great friends!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!