Friday, June 20, 2014

Relay for Life

 About a month or more ago we started talking about Relay for Life and how it would be fun to get a team together for mom.  She is doing awesome right now and what a great way to celebrate her and all she has overcome!  We named our team Donna's Walking Warriors and I found some shirts online that had the ribbon in the color grey (for brain cancer) and the word hope on them that I loved.  I ordered a few and asked if anyone else was interested in getting one.  I was overwhelmed with just how many people wanted shirts, I ordered multiple times for people and ended up getting 67 total!!  This to me shows just what a wonderful and supportive community we live in!!  I couldn't get the shirts in kid sizes so Chloe, Layla, McCall, McGuire and Samantha all decorated shirts and they turned out super cute! Every Friday leading up to Relay people would wear their shirts and take selfies or group shots and post to mom's Facebook page!  It was so cool to see everyone around town showing their love for my momma!  Going into this I was hoping to raise around $300 but I well exceeded that by raising $1545!!!!!  This last Friday was the actual event and it was SO much fun!!  My mom walked the survivor lap and 3 more after that making it a mile!  Then when they lit up all of the luminaries at 10:00 pm she walked yet another lap!  We are beyond proud of her!! My biggest supporter in life and whom I look up to the most, the best mom and grandma we could ever ask for!  We are SO BLESSED!!  Love you mom!!
 
Survivor lap!

Layla and Chloe LOVED walking/dancing around the track to the music.




Some of Donna's Walking Warriors!


Let's go momma!

Nick and Chloe racing around the track

The clouds looked threatening but the weather held out for us!

Mom hugging Steve Auchbon who coordinates Relay for Life - he will be truly missed next year!

The girls in their shirts!
 

Warming up and taking a dinner break!


They had a Krispy Kreme eat off to raise money


And there was a bingo lap
 
Just one of the luminaries for my mom. 
 Chloe's Kindergarten class decorated a whole bunch for her as well and they looked so great lit up around the track!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!