Friday, January 9, 2015

Layla is 2!

On December 31st our Buggy Boo turned 2!!!
Our girl has quite the little personality these days and NEVER, and I really do mean NEVER stops talking!  Quite often she is going on and on and we can't even understand her.  A lot of times Chloe can translate though!! HA!  She loves to count to 10 and sings "twinkle, twinkle" with me while we rock each night.  A free spirit who talks in 3rd person "Layla do it" all day long.  Independent and fiesty but sweet and cuddly too.  Her favorite things to do are play dress up and be a mommy to her 10+ baby dolls.  She is such a good little mommy.  We went through a phase for about a month of wanting to wear her pajamas EVERYWHERE but I think she is over that now - thank goodness! She has to take her blankie (sounds like maggie or mankie) with her always.  I tend to have to wash it multiple times a week.  One day Jessi was watching her and trying to put her down for a nap and she kept crying out what Jessi thought was "maggie" (our dog's name) and she didn't understand!  Finally the blankie was located and all was good.  Layla is our great little sleeper.  She goes down around 7:30 pm and we don't hear a peep out of her until the next morning when she wakes anytime between 6:30 am and 7 am.  She takes 1 nap a day around 12:30 pm for approximately 2 hours.  She has escaped her crib a couple times at nap but both times we just put her back and said no and she went to sleep.  I'm not ready to give up the crib quite yet but I'm guessing it will be sooner than I had hoped!  Let's talk potty training!  She is definitely ready I believe.  She still is unsure about the whole pantie thing but we have been talking about it a lot lately and she will sit on her potty and pretend to go.  Layla is a great eater and is not picky at all.  Her favorite lunch is still mac and cheese but she is good about eating pretty much anything.  Chloe is the best big sister to Layla and she just looks up to her sissy so much!  Yes there are times that they pester each other but the love between them is unimaginable!  It makes my heart so happy!  I hope they will always have a bond as they grow up.
Layla you are so special to your whole family!  Happy 2nd Birthday baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that she is such a good sleeper and eater! A has been skipping naps every now and then and I'm hoping beyond hope that she isn't ready to give up naps. She is SO busy (you know!) that I don't think I can take 12 hours straight, haha. :) Happy Birthday to Layla! Precious girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!